Friday, September 25, 2009

Terry Fox Run

Like I've said before, I live in Canada, and every year, we celebrate a Canadian's hero:  Terry Fox.  Terry Fox got cancer and decided to run across Canada to raise money for the cancer research foundation.  But he lost his life to cancer.  -_-  Now, every year we must do the approximate same:  We run around and make donations.  ^_^




We ran the Terry Fox Run today at school.  The run is very tiring:  We must run around the huge track, down the street, and around the school building.  And on top of that, the number of laps we run counts for our Physical Ed mark.  I'm already somewhat failing, so I really ran my heart out.

Last year, I used to whack the heads of the people I didn't like with my water bottle.  It was super fun.  I still remember that guy's reaction:  "Hello."

I didn't do that this year though.  Anyways, I huffed and puffed and blew some houses down (kidding!)...and I ran six laps.  I only got five stamps though...the last lap wasn't recorded.  The people there told us to only stamp our RIGHT hand...and I think I know why.  Most people are right-handed, right?  So...if we stamped our LEFT hand, we could easily pull out a marker and draw a replica of it with our right hand.  POW, in your face.  That's LOGICAL THINKING to you!

But all the sweat really paid off.  Our school earned a lot of money for the cancer research foundation, and we got our daily exercise.  ^_^

RIP, Terry.

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.