Monday, September 7, 2009

Labour Day

Well, today's Labour Day.  So?

People like to think of Labour Day as a day to relax and actually breathe.  A day of rest and peacefulness for the body and soul.  Yeah.  Labour Day is a day to rest and be merry.

Parents and adults like to use the day to do some extra gardening, or fix that bothersome crack in the ceiling.  Or, if they're really bored, actually play with the kids.  0_0  I know, it's shocking.

Kids just like to think of Labour Day as another day off school.  A day to spend playing video games or the computer.  A day to frustrate the parents by jumping on the couch or purposely spilling something so the parents have to clean it up (don't try this if you have a mom like mine).

Labour Day is actually a day to celebrate...well, labour.  It's kind of like an EDO for adults.  If that's true, why do kids also get a day off?  I mean, we don't do "labour" (Well, some kids do find school labour but that's another story...) at all!  Though not an adult myself, I believe that Labour Day should just be for them people who are over 18...they deserve a break from us sweet young angels.  ^_^

But I guess we're cute enough to make those people who are in charge of holidays give us a break too.  So here I am today, selfishly hogging the computer while my parents clean.  But who can blame us anyways?  We're kids!

-Vociferously yours, Vicky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.