Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Importance of Slogans

Slogans, slogans....The small line of text that jumps out at you at the end of a commercial.  The phrase that "says it all".  The sentence...of wisdom.

OK, who here knows the restaurant McDonalds?  ^_^  You know it's slogan, right?  "I'm lovin it".  Hey, isn't that smart?




Everyone remembers the "ba-da-ba-ba-BAH I'm lovin' it".  It's a part of what makes McDonalds so popular.  Now, pretend McDonalds had a different logo.  I know, it sounds impossible, huh?  Well.  What if McDonald's had this logo?

McDonalds.  Where Mc met Donalds.

That just sounds too stupid. What about this then?

McDonalds.  Wash your hands before eating.

Now you see the importance of slogans and logos? ^_^

But one must choose a proper slogan. If you live in Canada, you'd know that there was a huge disrupt some time ago about a beer commercial. The commercial's slogan was "Colder than some people from Toronto". (In case you don't know, Toronto is a city in Canada). The Toronto people got kinda offended and blah blah blah....and at the end, the beer commercial got canceled. Oh well, it was their fault anyways.

There are so many other examples...but you get the point already, right?

CHOOSE A SLOGAN WISELY.

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

P.S. I was browsing DeviantArt, and this is what I found:


That was found at this link.  Tell me if it's copyrighted because I seriously don't know.  0_0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.