Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Butterfly Wind Chimes

Everyone has a good luck charm, might it be big or small.  Everyone has something that they love.  And same for me too.

I have butterfly wind chimes that I bought in Victoria's Butterfly Gardens when I was five.  The wind chimes are very beautiful, coloured bronze with little blue and green butterflies made out of metal and marble.  The wind chimes themselves produce a beautiful tinkling sound, incomparable to any other wind chimes.  There's a string that goes down from the wind chimes, and a blue marble at the end of the string.

What's so special and lucky about it?  Well, whenever I make a wish on it and pull on the string, my wish always comes true, no matter what I wish for.  I still remember when I was six.  I'd pulled on the string and said in my then-childlish voice:  "I wish I was a princess."  Then two days later, my father told me about my ancestors, who were sons of an emperor.  Logically, I actually was kind of a "princess".  I still remember how happy I was.  Ah, to be six again....

I also remember another wish I made, actually quite recently.  I wished for my band teacher to let me play the flute.  Voila, it came true.  ^_^  I now have a flute in a case on the dining room table, just waiting to be played.

There are more examples, but they're all quite personal, so I won't tell you them.  I'm just saying, my butterfly wind chimes have granted me a lot of my wishes.

I don't believe in magic anymore, but I do believe that my chimes have a special mystical power.

What do you suppose?  0_0

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.