Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Story Chapter 6

Happy Halloween, guys!  Now, here's chapter 6:

“I have to go to the hospital,” I whispered. “Ethan needs me.”
“I’ll go with you,” CiCi offered. And off we went.
When we arrived at the hospital, we were taken in by surprise. There was Ethan, standing perfectly well, dressed in his regular clothes, holding my mom’s hand. “Hi!” He greeted us.
“Ethan!” I rushed over to him and gave him a quick hug. “You’re okay, right?”
He rolled his eyes. “Duh,” he said.
“That’s good, that’s good…” I repeated that to myself, calming myself down. “Let’s go home then…”
“Yes,” said my mom.
We went home and I started to do my homework. I heard a knock on the door. “Come in!” I beckoned.
Ethan came in, head down and shoulders slumped. “Judy? I have something to tell you…”
“What is it?”
“I think my jack o lantern ball made me trip.”
“Huh?”
“Ever since I got it, I’ve been hearing it say things to me…That’s why I loved it so much. I thought it was special.”
“Okay…?”
“When I first got into the hospital, I heard the jack o lantern ball’s voice…”
“What did it say?”
“It told me, ‘You’re off the hook this time, Ethan. But I’ll be back.’”
For a second I thought he was joking. “I’m not kidding, Judy,” he told me assertively.
I went up to him and gave him a hug. “You’re not the only one who thinks the jack o lantern balls are evil, bro. CiCi and I believe so too.”
“Really?” Ethan looked like he was about to cry.
“Really,” I said. “Don’t worry, because tomorrow, we’re going to get rid of them permanently. Just you wait and see.”

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.