Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Story Chapter 4

Here's chapter 4.  Now, I dunno if I'm gonna finish this in time.

When I returned home, I was greeted with bad news. “Ethan isn’t doing well…” My mother sighed at me.
“Why aren’t you at work, mom?” I tried to push away from the unhappy subject.
“I was with Ethan at the hospital. The doctors are saying that Ethan hit his head pretty hard…”
Ouch. I felt sorry for him, but I didn’t feel like hearing anything else. “Ur, I’m going upstairs to do my homework.” I ran upstairs with my backpack.
In my room, I pulled out my textbooks and began my math. I chewed my pencil as I tried to figure out the questions.
As I put away my textbooks, it hit my brother’s jack o lantern ball. That’s funny, I thought. Didn’t I leave that in my locker?
I took the ball out and closely examined it. It wasn’t a perfect sphere…It was slightly fatter near the middle, kind of like Ethan. The ball was still neon green, perfectly unharmed, and it still smiled brightly.

The next day when school started, CiCi stormed into the building with an angry expression on her dainty little face. She marched over to my locker, and fiercely slapped something into my hand. “Keep it,” she growled.
I looked at what she put into my hand. It was my jack o lantern ball, still in good condition. “Uh, thanks…”
CiCi’s harsh look vanished, replaced by a sort of guilt mixed with shock. “I’m really sorry! I know I shouldn’t be so mad at you, because it’s not your fault!”
“What’s not my fault, CiCi?”
CiCi looked up at me with sadness in her eyes. “Judy, I think that jack o lantern ball is haunted.”
“Haunted? How could it be haunted?”
“The moment I took it into my home…The moment my family came into contact with it…Bad things have been happening.”
“What bad things?” Curiosity pushed me to the extreme of butting into her personal business.
CiCi cleared her throat. “So I went home, and took it out. It glowed yellow eerily at me, and I could even swear that it was saying my name! OK, enough about that. The main point is that my dad lost his job, my mom is feeling extremely sick, my hair is falling out…And I’m losing my sanity!”
I stared at her with incredulous eyes. “What? May you be so kind and slow down?”
“Okay!” CiCi sighed and continued. “At dinnertime, I showed your ball to my mom and let her hold it.”
“And?”
“The moment it came into contact with her, she became drowsy and really sick. She’s been running a high fever and oh, it’s getting worse!”
“What about your father?”
“After my mom, I gave him the ball too, because he wanted to look at it. He fiddled with it for a while, and then the company he works for phoned him.”
“He got fired?”
“Worse. The company headquarters got suddenly burnt down by a mysterious fire.
“You serious?”
“Uh huh, and some of the workers claimed they saw a faint yellow glow before the fire started.”
“A faint yellow glow?”
“Yeah, and I think it was the jack o lantern ball!” CiCi’s eyes widened, tears of apprehension forming in her eyes.

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.