Saturday, March 6, 2010

Princess and the Pea Chapter 23

Now, the action will start. Finally!

Chapter 23:
“You want to do what?” Prince Samson couldn’t believe it.
“I…I want to help you. What we are doing isn’t…It isn’t right.” Fiona was shaking. She bit her lip. She knew she shouldn’t have said anything. But all the words were true.
“Really?” Marilynn’s voice was bright and merry. “You want to help us?”
Samson nudged her. “Don’t trust her,” he whispered. “She could be plotting something.”
“She looks innocent enough. I’ve never seen a witch cry ever in my life.” Marilynn looked at Fiona. Fiona had sat down now, hunched over, hugging her knees. She looked emotionally disturbed.
“You two,” Fiona said. “It’s alright if you think I’m lying. I’m used to it.” She smiled weakly. “I always am the one left behind, unskilled and distrusted.”
Samson was silent. What should they do?
“You can help us…If you want to.” Marilynn pressed her lips together into one hard line.
“You’re thinking that I don’t want to? I have nothing better to do.” Fiona sighed. If there were security cameras around, she’d be dead.
Samson groaned. “You know what, Princess Marilynn? I think we’re just wasting time.”
Fiona suddenly looked up. “You’re right, mister.” She stood up and pointed at the exit. “Run away. That’s the exit out of the dungeons. Get out of this kingdom…Your kingdom…Until you’re ready.”
“Ready for what?”
Fiona grimaced, as if she didn’t want to tell them the bad news. “Helen Crosby is planning war,” she whispered. “In one month. She’s gathering all the witches and evil beings she can find. She wants to overpower every kingdom in this nation.”
Marilynn and Samson were quiet. They were so shocked they could barely speak.
“Now go! Go! Before Linda catches you! Run!” Fiona gave them a hefty shove.
Marilynn and Samson started running. They ran as fast as they could, out of the dungeons. “I’ll be there when we attack,” Fiona called after them. “Meet me near the big oak tree when that happens. I’ll help you.”
“Thank you!” They called back at her. And then they were gone.

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.