Saturday, November 7, 2009

Peace Is.....

A few days ago, in French class, our teacher made us write a phrase on what Peace was.  We also had to draw a picture to accompany the phrase.

I wrote, "La paix est l'amour dans les coeurs de toutes les personnes du monde."  Translation:  Peace is the love inside the hearts of everyone in the world.  My picture was a simple sketch of two hands from different ethnic backgrounds make a heart shape, with the peace sign inside the heart shape.  Very pretty.

After I was finished, I decided to walk around the class and check out what my classmates wrote.  They wrote things like "Peace is pretty", "Peace is saving lives", "Peace is when the world comes together and sings", all in French, of course.  Pretty good ideas.

One of my classmates actually wrote "Peace is saving the world (but if it's too late, find a new world)".  (La paix est sauver le monde (mais si c'est trop retard, trouver un nouveau monde).) I found it rather peculiar.  I told him that if people see that, they would think that it IS too late.  Or, people would think that they should just not care about saving the world, 'cause they'll obviously find a better, new world to prance around in.  <_<  Yeah right. < >

The teacher loved my mini-project, and told me that it would go into the Remembrance Day slideshow at the assembly.  To all you Americans, ur...St. Veteran's day.

I drew another one after.  I simply wrote "La paix est quand tu ris".  Peace is when you laugh.  Blah blah blah.  It only took me five minutes to do it.  ^_^

Peace to world, peace to world.....


-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.