Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Story Of Hate

In a classroom, there are always conflicts. It's inevitable, really.

Here's a story I'd like to share with you guys.  You decide whether it's real or not.


I first heard about it last year. It was a beautiful early spring morning. We were all ready to learn. We were all excited for our next project.


And then a boy told me a secret of his. He hated someone. That someone was a girl who was insanely nice and always willing to help. So I asked him why.


"She's so bossy! She never listens to others." I shrugged. It wasn't any of my business anyways.


Then came May. The Swing Dance program started.  Every time we had Swing Dance, that boy would try to avoid that girl.  Every time, he would fail.  I still remember seeing his face as he unwillingly held out his hands to begin the dance.


Every chance possible, that boy would tell me how much he detested her.  Every chance possible!  He would say really mean things about her that weren't even true.  I never understood why; That girl never bothered him at all.


This year, his hatred only intensified.  He started to criticize the way she looked!  The way she worked!  Everything about her!  Yet why, that remained a mystery.


He begged us not to put him beside her when someone else and I were doing the seating plan.  "I'll do anything!" He pleaded.  We were soft on him, so we agreed.


A few months ago, I heard something along the lines of "she sat on him" and whatever.  Bizarre rumours.


Just the other day, that boy told me that the one person he would get rid of to make the world a better place...Is HER.


The hate story continues...Stretching out until perhaps forever.

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.