Saturday, February 20, 2010

Princess and the Pea Chapter 21

Yay, chapter 21!

Chapter 21:
“It’s a pea? What the devil?” King William examined the pea closely. “Why did this pea hit me on the head?”
“We do not know,” Queen Sandra nervously said. “But I do not think it is just a coincidence.”
“You mean…You think someone is behind this?” King William rubbed his aching head.
“There are no pea plants around here, and the wind isn’t strong enough to blow this here. There must be a witch around.” Both King William and Queen Sandra nodded in consensus.
“Ah! That was very smart! I am impressed!” A fierce maniacal voice cried out like branches snapping. With a whooshing sound, a figure swept down from the east wall of Ruby Cross. She landed gracefully, barely making a sound. The figure stood up. She had bright blue hair, gleaming black eyes, and she was wearing the standard witch uniform. “It’s just what I would expect from vous deux, le roi et la femme du roi.
“Helen Crosby!” Queen Sandra exclaimed incredulously. Her eyes narrowed. “It’s a great pleasure to see you here, Ms Crosby.” Queen Sandra’s voice dripped with sarcasm.
“What do you want?” King William harshly demanded. He did not want to stall, with the control of his kingdom at sake.
“Oh, nothing much, really,” Helen Crosby jauntily sauntered around, with a casual smile on her face. “In fact, I am quite pleased. I never knew you two would be around here. Didn’t my daughter lock you up?”
“Your daughter is a fool, for all I’ve seen.” King William hated the stalling.
“Humph, so you’ve escaped. How lovely.” Helen Crosby still kept a friendly tone.
“Stop stalling already. You know us, and we know you.” Queen Sandra was starting to get irritated as well.
“Very well, then.” Helen Crosby stopped pacing and her expression became cold. “You two are jeopardizing my plan. I will not allow you to advance any further.”
Helen snatched the pea from King William’s hand and held it up. “Ouvrir, ma cherie. Ouvrir.
King William and Queen Sandra got sucked into the pea.

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.