Saturday, February 27, 2010

Princess and the Pea Chapter 22

Chapter 22:
Fiona led Prince Samson and Princess Marilynn down, deep into the castle dungeon.
“Go in,” she said.
Princess Marilynn gave Fiona a quizzical look. “May I ask why?” She said. “Why do you think you have the authority to order us around?”
Fiona glared at her. “Because I’m the one in charge and you two are just two intruders who need to know who you’re dealing with.”
Marilynn looked Fiona up and down. “Ah. According to that, then…” Marilynn smirked. “I suppose I’m dealing with an emaciated rat.”
Prince Samson frowned at Marilynn. “What are you thinking?” He whispered. “Do you want to get us killed?”
Marilynn whispered back. “We’re already going to be killed, so why not have a little fun in the meantime?”
Prince Samson was about to say something more, but Fiona interrupted him. “So I’m an emaciated rat, eh? At least I don’t look like a carrot.”
Marilynn rolled her eyes, not at all affected. “No wonder you let us past,” she said. “You must have intelligence the size of a pea.”
Fiona’s eyes widened when she heard the word ‘pea’. “Why you…!”
“So what now, miss? Are you admitting it?” Marilynn continued talking.
“No I am not!” Fiona growled. “So what, I’m always serving my cousin Linda? So what, I’m always mistreated? So what, I think what we’re doing here is pointless? So what, everyone thinks I’m stupid? I am not!!”
Marilynn and Samson were silent. “You…You don’t like the witches’ plan?”
Fiona didn’t speak. A tear rolled down her eye. “I guess I’m busted, huh? Yeah, I don’t. I don’t understand the rest of them. And they don’t understand me.”
“You…Then, how can you be a witch?”
“I am a witch. But not a very good one, I’m sad to say.”
Marilynn smiled. “It’s alright. Everyone’s different.”
Fiona suddenly stood straight and looked Marilynn and Samson hard in the eye. “You know what? I want to help you.”

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.