Saturday, May 8, 2010

Princess and the Pea Chapter 30

I'm at chapter 30 already? Time sure does past quickly. 0_0 I'm almost frightened by the thought...

Chapter 30:
Linda made her way to her mother’s chambers. She knocked on the door briskly, clearly impatient. “Mother, please open up!”
The door creaked as Helen Crosby unlocked it. She narrowed her eyes when she saw her daughter. “Linda, my dear! Aren’t you supposed to be on duty? What are you doing here?”
Linda lowered her head. “I am sorry, but I have something to tell you.”
“Yes, what is it?” Helen arched her eyebrow.
“Fiona, that wretched cousin of mine…She betrayed us.” Linda growled.
Helen put her hands on her hips. She didn’t seem too surprised. “You just noticed? How slow of you.”
Linda was shocked. “You knew, mother? Why didn’t you tell me sooner? If you did, she would’ve been caught and dealt with already, and she…”
Linda was about to continue, but Helen put a finger to her lips. “Shush, child. I know all that, you do not have to tell me. Did you really think I would let her go just like that? You really do underestimate your dear mother, don’t you?” Helen smirked.
A smile slowly crept into Linda’s features. “So, what did you do?”
Helen tapped a silver ring that was on her pinkie finger. “This ring tells me exactly what every single witch in my domain is doing at this moment. For example, Sylvia is guarding west point; Jade is cleaning up the library…” She paused, frowning. She tapped the ring again. “And Eileen appears to be flirting with one of my soldiers. She is clearly not focused. I will have to go discipline the girl later…”
“Mother! Please, tell me instead, what is my cousin doing?”
“Oh, right. Fiona Crosby…Is currently eating figs with the ex-royalties. Ha, so typical of her.”
Linda scowled. “To be eating figs with them at this hour! Such an ungrateful child! I will go now, mother. I will go show her…” She muttered unintelligible threats.
“Now, now, dear. Don’t be so rash. In fact, why not let her relax for a bit, hmm?” Helen smiled.
“What do you mean, mother?”
“We’re winning this war, Linda. In fact, we have already won. We know that the ex-royalties are going to strike one day though, and clearly Fiona will be with them. When that day comes, she will learn her lesson. No need to act now, hmm?”
Linda cackled. “You are so intelligent, mother dear. Why haven’t I thought of that myself?”
Helen joined in with her laughter. “Because I’m Queen,” she said. “And I always will be.”

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.