Saturday, March 5, 2011

I won the District Speech Meet!

On Thursday, March 3rd, Year 2011...A miraculous thing happened.  Something so amazing and awe-inspiring that it can barely be expressed in words.  I had done something beautiful...Ever so uniquely beautiful.  I had won the District Speech Meet for our grade.

The District Speech Meet was a speech competition for all the secondary schools in our school district.  There were two rounds.  First round was an impromptu speech where we had to choose one of three quotes and write a speech on the quote in 45 minutes.  Second round was a prepared speech that had to be between three and five minutes.

I did pretty well; in fact, I won first place for grade n, where n is a positive integer greater or equal to eight and less or equal to twelve.  I got to present my speech to all the 110 participants in the room, and I even got to shake the hand of our previous mayor, who was judging the finals.  I was awarded a huge, shiny plaque.  (Just by the way, 2nd and 3rd place were also from my school and those two got way smaller, but still pretty shiny plaques.)

I love public speaking.  It's simply an awesome thing to do.  Everyone should learn how to do a speech in front of a large audience and not feel nervous.

---

Gah.  Now I'm so tired.  I just came back from a provincial math competition and I feel like sleeping...

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.