Sunday, December 6, 2009

C.U.Q.'s

C.U.Q.'s is my own personal acronym for "Commonly used quotes".  (I was about to write C.U.P.'s for Commonly used phrases but I decided not to since it looked weird.)

Everyone has their own idiosyncrasies, whether it being twirling your hair, blinking randomly, scratching your scab without meaning, or something along the lines of that.  There are also other people, whose idiosyncrasies include saying something frequently in their everyday speech.

"You got a problem with that?"  I once knew a boy who would say that after he answered any question.  Oh, he just couldn't help it.  Luckily, he changed his CUQ to "You can't see me," and a week from that, it became "What the heaven?" 

"OMG, like, what the heck, like, why did you just like, do that to me, like, just, like, a minute or like, I dunno, like, two minutes ago, like, oh what the heck?"  LIKE.  Someone should make a movie called WHEN 'LIKE' TOOK OVER TEENAGERS' SPEECH.  It wouldn't make so much money, true, but it wouldn't hurt, right?  My point is, SO MANY people say 'like' between phrases, words, and sentences.  It's like, so not cool.  I mean, like, can't you like, say something better when, like, you, like, talk?  Saying "like" a lot is a bad habit.  Just like stuttering.  And just like (this like is a good like) nobody likes a stutterer, nobody likes a like-talker.  Does that make, like, sense?  I hope it, like, does.

I've heard many other CUQs too, such as "tsk, tsk, tsk", "people these days", and such.  Here are some of my famous CUQs:

"People these days."  Yup, I'm the guilty one.
"Gah."  From two years ago.
"Seriously!"  I still say that a lot.
"You suck."  From a year ago.
"What the heck?" 
"Oh, whatever."  When you connect 'what' with 'ever', wonders will be created.
And lastly, "Life is like that!"  I don't literally say that though.  Since I don't like explaining things, here are two examples:

#1:
You:  "Wow, that test was hard."
Me:  "LIFE is hard."

#2:
You:  "Why was I so stupid?"
Me:  "LIFE is stupid."

You get it now?

Even if they can be annoying, bless those CUQs.  They make us unique and worth talking to.  CUQs are what separates us from the others.  It's what separates girls from boys  (other than hormones, chromosomes, and all that other stuff).  CUQs are fabulous things.

What is YOUR CUQ?

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.