Saturday, June 12, 2010

Princess and the Pea Chapter 35

I can't believe I'm still writing...

Chapter 35:
A silhouette appeared in the darkness, and it slowly advanced towards Fiona. Soon, a dark man with pointy hair and green eyes came into view. He let out a chuckle when he saw Fiona.
“So you finally betrayed your cousin and those rats, eh? How’d you change your mind?”
Fiona laughed, embarrassed. She stepped up on her toes and gave the man a hug. “I don’t know,” she said. “I just did.”
Their audience looked rather confused. “Um, this is…?” Marilynn raised her eyebrows.
“Oh, I’m sorry!” Fiona let go of the man and turned to face Marilynn and the others. “This is my good friend Vincent. He’s a wandering spirit hunter.”
Vincent nodded cautiously. “Hello,” he began, talking to everyone in sight. “We haven’t met before, but I can tell you that I am not your enemy. But I do believe you have met my brother…And I do apologize on his behalf.”
Samson frowned. “Your brother?”
“Yes, the smelly black mist.”
Memories flooded back to Marilynn. She recalled fainting after being enveloped by mist. Dark, black mist. She didn’t remember it smelling bad or anything like that, but she did remember it. She growled with an unfeminine character.
Vincent shook his head. “Ah, my brother Destin. When will he ever learn?” He snorted. “I don’t think he ever will. It’s been centuries.”
Fiona clapped her hands merrily, and the whole group stared at her strangely. “Vincent hates the witches too,” she said, smiling brightly. “We have another ally now.”
“How can we trust this stranger? He may be your friend, but he is nobody to us.” King Henry’s low voice bellowed out accusingly.
Vincent grinned approvingly. “Very smart, my lord. I am nothing but a stranger to you. But let me tell you a bit about me.”
“A bit about you?” Queen Sandra sounded nervous.
“Oh yes, a bit about me. About me and how I came to hate the witches.”

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.