Saturday, February 26, 2011

Don't take speeches too literally...

Around this time, all the classes in our schools start doing speeches.  It's a time of horror for many, but in my case, I actually rather enjoy public speaking.

The topic I chose was "The Mozart Effect".  It's a theory stating that listening to (classical) music can make you smarter.  In my speech, I provided examples such as music can help your spatial temporal ability, which is useful for doing mathematics.

I did my speech last Wednesday.  I got up, eloquently presented, then sat back down.  I did quite well, in my opinion.  I didn't think too much of my speech afterwards.  I just continued on with my life.

Then on Friday, a girl in my IT class said something that made me feel rather guilty.  "Hey, you know (name)?"

I stopped.  "Yeah, she's in my Humanities class."

"She listened to your speech, like, how music can help you do better in math, right?"

"Uh huh..."  I was starting to feel nervous, for some bizarre reason.

"Well, she took your advice and just listened to music all day and she didn't study for her Math test.  She didn't do too well..."

"Oh...But I said that you have to be studying music for a really long time for it to have such a strong effect.  And you're supposed to listen to music right before the test, and you still have to study!"

"Really?  Well, then I don't know.  Still, (name) didn't do too well on her test."

---

Everyone, don't take other people's speeches too literally, and please please please study for your Math tests.  And also, if you are going to take someone's speech's advice, make sure you remember everything the presenter said...Okay?

The guilt I feel is terrible.

-Vociferously yours, Vicky.

2 comments:

  1. LMFAO HAHAHAHA -cough- do tell me more @ school if you will (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? i wish my speech was as influential as yours

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! It's greatly appreciated.